Nutrition and Supplemental Support for Injury, Pain and Inflammation
– Acute Symptoms such as sprains, strains, sports injury, whiplash, acute low back pain etc.
1. Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen if possible to avoid interference with healing.
2. Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
3. Relax, avoid unnecessary stress.
4. Do not resume full exercise program without permission from health care practitioner.
5. Stay active! Continue to exercise, but with caution, avoiding the painful patterns and causative movements. For example – knee injury – continue to work upper body movements.
6. Practice good sleep habits shooting for 8-9 hours of sleep a night.
1. Eat protein at every meal with emphasis on salmon, mackerel, sardines and herring.
2. Limit red meat consumption to two meals per week.
3. Avoid omega 6 oils that aggravate inflammatory processes – corn oil, soybean oil, safflower oil, and sunflower oil.
4. Avoid hydrogenated vegetable oils and fried foods.
5. Eat spices such as ginger and garlic.
6. Drink naturally decaffeinated green tea or take EGCg (standardized green tea products).
8. Avoid ALL SUGAR – replace sugar with the polyol sugar xylitol.
Supplement Recommendations: (ACUTE ONLY)
Inflammatone – 2 caps every 3 hours on an empty stomach as needed for pain.
MSM Capsules – 2 caps every 3 hours as needed for pain.
OmegAvail Synergy – 2 softgels with each meal (6 per day)
If needed for muscle spasm:
MyoSedate – 1 cap with each meal (3 per day)
For consultation regarding nutritional support for musculoskeletal injury fill out and submit the form below.
The ideas and suggestions written by John Tarpoff on this website are provided as general educational information only and should not be construed as medical advice or care. All matters regarding your health require supervision by a personal physician or other appropriate health professional familiar with your current health status. Always consult your qualified personal health care provider before making any dietary or exercise changes. John Tarpoff and Backfit, PLLC. disclaims any liability or warranties of any kind arising directly or indirectly from use of this website. If any medical problems develop, always consult your qualified personal health care provider. Only your physician can provide you medical advice.Throughout this website are links to external sites. These external sites contain information created and maintained by other individuals and organizations and are provided for the user’s convenience. John Tarpoff and Backfit, PLLC. do not control nor can they guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this information. Neither is it intended to endorse any view expressed nor reflect its importance by inclusion in this site.